KARMI undertake the Health programme to create awareness on community health and preventive majors through mobilizing the rural poor especially the tribal people, woman and children. Through this programme KARMI given special emphasis on improving the health condition of the people by executing of Govt. health programme through organizing health camps, immunization camps and promotion of kitchen gardening with the small and marginal farmers. KARMI has implementing the project with support of MISERIOR to fulfilling the health need of the people of Golamunda and M.Rampur blocks of Kalahandi. Health care and awareness have been providing to the needy through trained up local youths through provide training on community health management to the local youth and posted in the inaccessible pockets with first aid box and minimum medicines. Training barefoot Health Managers are able to enrich the people and they have continuously organized village health awareness camps, Village health sensitization camps/Health digenesis camps for promotion of community health. Health Awareness and village sensitization on Community Health : The operational area of KARMI is dominated by the tribal scheduled caste and other backward people . Among them there are about 50% are illiterate and for from the awareness of health.37% of the total children in the age group of 6 to14
Health Camps: Though organized Health Camps in the remote pockets and provide medical aid and guide to the patients suffering from common diseases got free medicines through checkup and diagnosis by the doctors. By this camps, the health workers and village animators, members of Health Committees also mobilize on sanitation and community health .The doctors also guide the peasants on community health on preventive methods of the diseases. By this health camp, the people of specific patches got the opportunity to attained to the camps for
Kitchen Gardening : Due to lack of nutrias food 35% among the children and 20% of the adult people among the target people are suffering from malnutrition. So kitchen gardening is the only process of a way to overcome the problem. Considering this KARMI starting the kitchen gardening programme and undertake to develop the nursery, provide seeds to the small farmers, the tribal and rural target people to start kitchen gardening in their backyard or if necessary develop it in a massive way so it can help them to provide sufficient nutritious food to their family and also able to provide financial support to the family one way and create an opportunity to get sufficient vegetable in the local market with a cheap rate. KARMI provide training to the small and marginal farmers and trained them on vegetable cultivation. During the reporting period, KARMI organized 2 orientation camps to the small and marginal farmers on vegetable cultivation where AOs and VLWs are attaining the programme and providing necessary technical know-how with an indigenous method to produce sufficient vegetable for the people of the locality. 1046 small and marginal farmers from 28 GPs has provided seeds, manure, pesticide and technical support by KARMI and started vegetable cultivation which will directly help to check malnutrition.
ACHIEVEMENT OF THE PROGRAMME
- Impart training and developed their skills and information basis, So that they are able to directly intervene in the improvement of health status.
- Create an opportunity to participate the people in Govt. health programmers as workshop camps, village sanitation
andtotal sanitation campaigns, and immunization.
- The regular conducting of awareness camp, workshops on health issues, and training build up confidence among the local people to take care of their health.
- Coverage of health care services (preventive and curative aspect) improved and existing facilities in case of women and children. Time tested and effective traditional health care practices were popularized and Medical plants and herbs are protected and use of herbal medicine has been increased.
- Nutritional status of mother and children’s improved through awareness and kitchen garden programmers and Immunization and prenatal and postnatal care service have been raised.
- In this programme, we covered 160,000 people of 224 villages in 28 G.Ps of Golamunda Block, Boden, M.Rampur on the community health management and involved them with the project activities.
- Organized 164 no of village health awareness meeting which is covered more than twice in a village in a month and able to increase health consciousness.
- KARMI organized village sanitation programme to make the environment clean and conducted 72 no of village sanitation camps where 2326 people, Women Organizations and Youth Clubs members have participated.
- 32 immunization camps organized where 2833 beneficiaries i.e. women and children have been immunized.
- In 38 health camps, 4963 patients have been providing medicine free of cost and 406 referral service provided by the doctors.
- 336 farmers
hasbeen provided the training and inputs for vegetable cultivation and the production of vegetable production increased by 24% as compared to the previous year.
- 98% of the children and pregnant women involved in immunization programme in the project area.